Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Beesting cake Thermomix (Bienenstich)

This is one of my favourite cakes and I have never made one from scratch. I always thought it too much work and mess. Well the other night I went to a fine dining restaurant and heard this was on the menu for dessert. It was a deconstructed version and I was slightly disappointed. I then decided it was time to do it myself. I was very pleasantly surprised.  I will make it for my south african friends as it's one of their favourite desserts. (Now that I know it's not that difficult) It really worked very well.

 Ingredients:
Cake
130g quark (I used cream cheese because I didn't make any)
50g milk
1 egg
300g flour
20g baking powder
100g sugar 50g melted butter
15 sec/45C/speed6
Scrape down bowl and repeat if necessary. Pour into buttered cake springform dusted with bread crumbs. If you don't have any use flour.

Cake topping
50g sugar
100g butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
50g apricot jam
2 1/2 minutes/60C/speed 2
add 100g almonds
Spread mixture on top of batter and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Let cool.

For the Filling:
5 leaves of gelatine soaked
500g milk
1 pkg Dr Oetker vanilla pudding powder
Add gelatine after squeezing out all the water
Stir 30 sec/75C/speed 3
Place in extra bowl and stir so that no skin forms on the milk
In a clean TM bowl add butterfly
Add 200g whipping cream and whip up to 3 minutes/speed 3-4
(watch this as I find whipping cream whips faster or slower depending on freshness)
Cool vanilla cream mixture and mix with whipping cream until just combined. Gentle
Cool cake and slice in half.
Place cream mixture on cake and place in fridge to firm up.(2 hours)
Cut top of cake into slices and gentle assemble after 2 hour cooling time.
This way when you cut the cake the cream mixture doesn't squeeze out.
Enjoy!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment