Monday, 24 August 2015

Book Review:Lonely Planet, Thailand, From the Source, (Grilled Pork Neck in the Thermomix)

This is another Lonely Planet Cookbook that makes you want to go to the destination.  It seems to be very authentic. At least to me because I have only been to Thailand once.  It was a great experience as I only ate Thai food there until my last day. Then I chose to eat western food which wasn't cooked correctly and I developed food poisoning on the way to the airport for my flight home. I will stop the story there as the rest isn't pretty. Anyway getting back to the review.

"All Thai dishes strive for the perfect balance of hot, sweet, sour and salty flavours, each one punchy without overpowering the others."  This is why it seems to be one of my most favourite cuisines.  Most dishes are quite fast to make too. It also has a regional cuisine with specialties in each region.
"Make no mistake; in Thailand, it's not just food, its a labour of love." You can really tell that the food is made with love and they enjoy cooking and bringing people together.

My husband wanted to make this recipe and he got out the mortar and pestle. He soon tired of it and I told him just to make the marinade in the Thermomix. Much faster!

Pork Marinade (Kaw Muu Yang)

Thumb sized piece of Ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbl oyster sauce
2 Tbl soy sauce
pinch sugar

Place all ingredients and blend 30 sec/speed 6
Put marinade onto pork and let marinade overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment