Sunday, 5 July 2015

Thermomix Best Grass Fed Beef Burger with Homemade Bun

Last time I made my own burger buns they ended up being too thick so this time I was happy when the dough was runny and they flattened out. I used the brioche recipe in the TM5 and changed it slightly.  I also used the Thermomix to mix my ground beef and ingredients keeping my hands clean except for shaping the meat into patties.  Homemade burgers taste so much better then pre-made store bought or even frozen patties.  It really doesn't take a lot of time to do them yourself.  That way you know whats in your burger too.

Brioche Whole Wheat/White Flour Burger Buns

20g milk
20g dried yeast
200g whole wheat flour
150g white flour
50g Agave syrup
15 g salt
100g butter
2 eggs/2 egg whites
butter for glazing
sesame seeds

Place yeast and milk 1 min/37C speed 2
Add flours, eggs, agave and salt and KNEAD 10 mins/Bread dough, adding butter through hole in top a little at a time.
Transfer dough into bowl and let rise for 3 hours. (until double in size)
Roll dough into 8 balls and place on baking sheet, let rise 1 hour.
Bake at 350F for 20 minutes until golden.
Ground meat mixed in Thermomix with Bread Dough/ 3mins. Shape into patties.


Raw buns before baking.

My daughters burger.

My burger.


No comments:

Post a Comment