Monday, 4 May 2015

Thermomix Vegetable/Potato Pancakes


This is a healthier version of potato pancakes (Kartoffle Puffer, Reibe kuchen etc) from my parents recipes.  They immigrated from Germany after the war and made their life working hard in Canada. They have both passed away but when I make this food I often think of them. I am first generation Canadian.  My husband is also from Germany. I love the German cuisine but only cook it occasionally. Guten Appetit!!!!

3 small zucchini
1 large carrot, washed well. No need to peel as all the vitamins are just under the skin.
2 russet potatoes peeled and cut in 4
3 garlic cloves
 1 shallot
1/4 large onion
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1 egg
 120g flour

Chop all ingredients with spatula through hole in lid stirring while blending.
 Speed 7/3-6 seconds
Try to squeeze out the water from the zucchini or use a slotted spoon.
When frying it makes them crispier. You can serve this with yogurt, sour cream, applesauce, cranberry sauce etc. The Jewish version are called Latkes and can be topped with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers etc.  The possibilities are endless. Great for meatless Monday's!

No comments:

Post a Comment