Friday, 8 May 2015

Thermomix Basil Pesto

 I love buying fresh ingredients at specialty markets but sometimes get carried away with how much I purchase.  I saw my Basil turning brown in the fridge and decided to make pesto so that I could prolong it's shelf life.  It freezes really well too. Don't put the parmesan in if you freeze it. Pesto can be made with a variety of herbs and nuts.  This is the traditional Basil pesto recipe.
60 g parmesan 10 sec/ speed 8
Add all ingredients
1 bundle basil leaves (approx 40 g)
3 garlic cloves
150 g pine nuts
60-80 g olive oil
salt and pepper to taste( 1/2 tsp each)
Pulse 5 times on turbo until desired consistency scraping down bowl.
Refridgerate or freeze until ready to use.
(When freezing leave out the parmesan and add after thawing)

No comments:

Post a Comment