Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Thermomix Buttermilk Bread

After running out of store bought butter I decide to make my own.  I had a litre of whipping cream in the fridge and followed the recipe on page 17 of the Everyday Cookbook.  It was really easy however you needed to beat the cream 1-6 minutes until the cream separates.  The book says 1-3 minutes. I didn't add any salt but it really tastes great.  The other benefit is that I get buttermilk in the process.  Then I looked through the Everyday cookbook and on page 141 made the buttermilk bread.  I did substitute whole wheat flour instead of white baker's flour and it turned out very well.

180 g buttermilk
200g water ( I used more buttermilk)
20g (2tsp) dried yeast
1 tsp sea salt
500g flour
20g melted butter
sprinkle with seeds of your choice

Put buttermilk, water and yeast heat 1min/37C/speed1
Add rest ingredients and mix 6 sec/speed6
KNEAD 3min/closed bowl WHEAT button
Shape into loaf and put in lined ,greased loaf pan
Let rise until doubled in size, paint with melted butter and sprinkle with seeds
Bake at 350F for 45 minutes until golden brown and hollow sound when knocked on.
( I only let it rise once, however you can knock it down and let it rise again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment