Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Sweet Shortcrust Pastry

This is my 100th blog. I can't believe it's gotten to that.  I hope you can see improvements as I'm going along.  Blogging is a lot of fun plus I like knowing where the recipes are  when I want to make something.  It comes in really handy having them in one place. In the fall I will be going to a Bloggers conference in Montreal where I'm hoping to learn a lot.  It is organized by the Canadian Food Bloggers. I have the link on this blog.  There are a lot of really talented food bloggers out there. Check them out!

This pastry is really easy,  Don't get discouraged if it is crumbly before you put it in the fridge to rest. Follow the steps and it will turn out great.

50g icing sugar (add regular  sugar and turbo 10 sec)
pinch salt (don't add if using salted butter)
100g butter
230g flour
Blend all ingredients 10 sec/ speed6 until crumbly
Add 4 egg yolks one at a time through mixing bowl lid KNEAD/30 sec (wheat icon)
Form into ball and wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in fridge 30 minutes.
Roll out dough between plastic wrap until desired thickness. (you can use silpad mats too)
Place in tins and blind bake 20 minutes 350F
Take out beans (blind baking stuff and baking paper)
Return to oven and brown slightly approx 10 minutes
Fill with Bavarian cream, and fruit. Glaze with warmed apricot jam.







No comments:

Post a Comment