Monday, 9 February 2015

Veal liver Pate

I love those Vietnamese sub sandwich that you can get from the Vietnamese shops.  The only thing I always wonder about is the sausage and pate they use. My heritage is German and we are very fussy about meats and sausages.  That's why I decided to try making my own.  For the first try it turned out pretty good.  I used a little too much pepper because I didn't realize how powerful the Thermomix really is.  I put whole black pepper corns in not realizing that they would be pulverized.  I wanted to keep them whole.  That is the only down side about the Thermomix.  You underestimate how powerful it really is!

500g veal liver TURBO X5
Add
3 garlic cloves
1 onion
1/2 sprig rosemary leaves off stalk
1 T salt
5g pepper corns or 1/2 tsp ground
TURBO X5
Varoma (120C)/speed 1/ 2 minutes
Add 50 ml Cognac and 1 egg
Varoma/speed 1/ 2 minutes
Pour into pate container
Place container into Varoma tray on top of closed mixing bowl, cover terrine with plastic wrap
Fill bowl with 1 litre hot water and steam Varoma/45 minutes/speed 2
Raw veal liver

X5 TURBO








Serve with pickled Daikon, Carrot and Cilantro!


No comments:

Post a Comment