Saturday, 24 January 2015

Pretzels

As soon as I land in Germany one of the first things I do is go buy a pretzel.  It is my most favourite thing.  I love the flavour and saltiness.  I can buy them here in Canada but they are hard to come by and don't taste as good.  I have never made them before because I thought they were labour intensive. I can't believe how simple this was. They turned out really well and I was very happy.

400g milk
40g fresh yeast (you can try using powdered just let it activate)
600g flour
2 tsp salt

600g water
4 T baking powder

Place milk and yeast 2mins/37C/speed 2
Add flour and salt, KNEAD 3 mins/closed bowl BREAD, let rise 30 mins until double
Preheat oven to 200C/ 375F
Divide dough into 10 and roll into pretzel shapes
Heat water and add baking soda to boil
Place pretzel onto skimmer and boil 30-1 min
Place onto cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds etc.
Bake for 15 minutes until brown.


Look at how easy it is to clean up!




Flip over and stretch into shape.





Boil in water with baking soda.

Make a bowl of homemade soup and your done!

No comments:

Post a Comment