Thursday, 22 January 2015

Mascarpone Cheese

This recipe I got from a fellow Thermomix consultant and team leader Valerie.  She is truly amazing and a real FOODIE.  She is involved in the slow food movement and many other causes. Check her out at A Canadian Foodie. I have her blog listed in my blog list. She has been using her machine for many years and is super knowledgeable.  I haven't bought a container of mascarpone and have been making my own for a while.  I like the fact that you use fresh lemon juice to make the cheese which imparts a lemony flavour into the cheese.  It is creamier than the store bought stuff and a heck of a lot cheaper.  I have used it to make ravioli, tiramisu and many other things. It's really easy to do. Today I made it before I went to work and had to cook for others. No problem the Thermomix does all the work!

500g whipping cream
60g powdered skim milk
juice of 1 lemon

Follow these steps:
put cream and powdered milk into bowl, 10 mins/37C/speed 2
10 mins/50C/speed2
10 mins/60C/speed2
5 mins/70C/speed 2
5 mins/80C/speed 2
Add lemon and put into container, let sit room temp minimum 3-6 hours
transfer into cheese cloth lined container to strain
cool  and use quickly within 2 days or freeze


Cream and milk powder
Straining cheese



No comments:

Post a Comment