Saturday, 1 November 2014

Thermomix Sprouted Spelt and Wholewheat Sunflower Seed Bread

I was looking at David Lebovitz (famous food blogger's) post on Whole-Wheat Sunflower seed  Rye bread that he took from a German baker's new cookbook. His name is Hans Rockenwagner and his cookbook is Das Cookbook; German Cooking...California Style. (I don't know how to add 2 dots (umlaut) above the o in Rockenwagner.) It looked really delicious and I thought I would try making it in the Thermomix.  If you want to check out his blog it is under my  blog lists.  I did change it around to suit my supplies and I added a sourdough starter that I bought in Germany when I was there.  You don't need it as I'm not sure what it contributed to my loaf of bread. Anyway it turned out quite nicely!

375 g water
30 g yeast (dried)
80 g honey
Put water, yeast and honey. 2 mins/37C/speed 1
Add:
330g whole wheat
110g sprouted spelt
20g sea salt
KNEAD/2mins
Add 150g toasted sunflower seeds
KNEAD/1 minute
Let rise in a warm spot 2 hours (until double)
Put in loaf pan that has been sprayed with olive oil
Sprinkle handful sunflower seed on top.(If you didn't save any don't worry as they fall off)
Let rise 30 minutes and put into a preheated oven at 325 for 60-70 minutes. depending on your oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment