Friday, 28 November 2014

Semolina Dumplings in Broth

This is one of my favourite soups to eat when I lived in Germany.  It was really simple and it came out of a premade package.  I didn't realize then how simple and easy it was to make yourself.  My husband now requests it on a regular basis but I have to say this Thermomix recipe is fool proof.  It turns out light and tasty every time.

300 g milk
80 g butter
1 tsp salt
fresh nutmeg 1/2 tsp or to taste
160 g semolina wheatlets (cream of wheat)
2 eggs

Combine milk/salt/butter/nutmeg in bowl 2min/90C/speed1
Add wheatlets  10 sec/ speed 4
Heat 3 minutes/100C/speed3
Let mixture cool 60C
Add eggs through lid REVERSE/10 seconds until mixed. Let rest and spoon into hot broth.
Make sure broth is on low simmer.
20 minutes until they float.





No comments:

Post a Comment