Thursday, 20 November 2014

Chick Pea Mint and Pomegranate Dip

I don't know why people buy canned beans.  It is really expensive, plus there is always a preservative or two.  As well as  usually tons of sodium not forgetting that yummy plastic liner. You do need to think ahead and to soak them overnight, so if you've forgotten by all means use canned. The cost is what blows me away.  Living in Vancouver we have a wide selection of Indian stores where a whole bag of chick peas cost around 2 dollars.  I can make tons of hummus from that. I can cook them and add them into salads etc.  Plus my daughter (the personal trainer) loves lean protein. The pomegranate molasses I buy at Persian grocery stores for around 3 dollars.

500g cooked Chick peas
1-2 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
40g lemon juice
1/2 bundle fresh mint
1/4 bundle fresh parsley
Pulse all ingredients, X6
Add 200g pomegranate seeds REVERSE/pulseX2
Drizzle with pomegranate molasses, more seeds and serve with vegetable credit or crackers, crostini etc. Or make a green/spinach salad and serve on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment