Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Dining at Hirschen,Douce Steiner, 2 Micheline Star Chef in Sulzberg Baden Wurtemberg Germany.

On my past trip to Germany, Switzerland and France we had the pleasure of dining in Sulzburg at the Hirschen. I was told that it is Germany's only female chef with 2 Micheline stars.  I haven't been to a Micheline starred restaurant in many years and was very excited.  I asked my girlfriend to secure a reservation months in advance. In Baden Wurttemberg there are over 20 Micheline starred restaurants, as well as many excellent restaurants. Fine dining is readily available.

Douce Steiner is the head chef and together with her husband Udo Weiler have been running the hotel restaurant since 1997.  The restaurant has been in the family for many years. It has an excellent reputation.

We ordered the 5 course tasting menu and my  girlfriend ordered the menu Crustace. (fish and shellfish)It was a fantastic experience, one I will remember for a long time.


Amuse Bouche

















Hans-Paul Steiner, Douce's father

Douce and Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment